1 Pot Orzo Pasta with Hen, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach is wholesome, easy to make, and bursting with crave-deserving flavors. This balanced 20-moment meal is perfect for occupied weeknights and evening meal parties alike!
407 Energy49g CARBS8g Unwanted fat33g PROTEIN
A person Pot Orzo Pasta with Rooster Recipe
This straightforward orzo pasta recipe is a active mom’s dream. Simple to make, healthful, and delicious—the trifecta! Add in the reality that it normally takes just 20 minutes to make and you have got you the top spouse and children meal. Serving for one particular? The leftovers can provide as fast and uncomplicated lunches all week lengthy.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not a supporter of accomplishing dishes. That is a single of the many causes why 1-pot foods are so darn interesting to me. Only 1 dish to clean? Rely me in.
I’m no stranger to these sorts of foods, which you possibly know if you have seen my other one particular pot foods like this A person Pot Caprese Pasta or this 1 Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta.
A single Pot Orzo is designed with flavorful components including chicken breast, orzo, hen broth, white beans, toddler spinach, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and fresh basil. It is a powerhouse of wealthy, savory, fresh new, and vivid flavors, all cooked in one wonderful pot. We also enjoy this Lemon Orzo with Broccoli and Roasted Vegetable Orzo.
You can provide this dish on its individual or pair it together with some Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks for the ultimate pasta night. No make any difference how and when you opt for to serve this dish, it assures to be the star of any meal desk. Attempt it out for you and see!
To make this delightful one-pot orzo recipe, you will need the adhering to key substances:
- Hen breasts: Make sure to use boneless, skinless rooster breasts. Chicken thighs also operate. For a vegetarian a person-pot dish, sense absolutely free to depart the chicken.
- Garlic: Contemporary is greatest, so I highly advise sticking to clean garlic if you can. Or else, garlic powder will get the job done in a pinch.
- Rooster broth: To keep the sodium minimal in this dish, I choose to use reduced-sodium chicken broth. Even so, frequent rooster broth and vegetable broth will equally operate fine as nicely.
- Orzo: If you really do not have orzo or just want to attempt a little something else, experience cost-free to use your favourite tiny variety of pasta. Some of my major alternatives include ditalini or pastina. However, you will need to modify the cooking time to match the pasta you are cooking.
- Cannellini beans: These beans have a nutty, earthy taste that preferences good with the other flavors of this dish. They also add a hearty dose of protein and fiber. Chickpeas also operate or you can skip the beans entirely.
- Infant spinach: If six cups of spinach audio like a good deal to you, just wait around until eventually it cooks down! If you only have frozen spinach, that functions as effectively. Just make guaranteed ro defrost it 1st and squeeze out any extra dampness.
- Sunshine-dried tomatoes: I advise using the variety that arrive packed in oil with herbs, as this infuses a ton of wonderful taste into the currently-mouth watering sunlight-dried tomatoes. Drained diced tomatoes would also function.
- Clean basil: When you can use a various herb if you’d like (parsley will work effectively), it is absolutely crucial to adhere to new herbs. They include tons of flavor to this amazing dish.
What is orzo pasta? How do you cook dinner orzo?
Orzo is a small pasta that is oval-shaped and resembles rice. It is labeled as a “pastina” or small pasta in Italy and is designed from semolina flour. It is common in soups, grain bowls, pasta salads, pasta dishes, and other recipes the place a more compact pasta functions improved.
Generally speaking, orzo can be cooked in two methods. It can be cooked just like any pasta in boiling salted h2o. It usually takes 8-10 minutes.
Orzo can also be cooked like rice, in which the orzo absorbs the liquid it cooks. This outcomes in a delectable creamy texture considering that the starch remains. For this preparing, you will want 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of orzo. Cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring often to maintain the orzo from sticking.
Recipe Suggestions and Versions
Below are some of my top rated ideas and tips to enable you make this dish:
- The liquid is flexible. If your liquid evaporates just before your orzo has finished cooking, never be frightened to include some extra! I have often discovered 3 cups of broth to be the sweet location, but you can totally add a lot more if essential. The rooster broth turns into a creamy sauce for this dish, so don’t be afraid to increase a little extra if desired. It should not be dry. Include about two tablespoons of liquid at a time.
- Stir. Make guaranteed you bear in mind to stir your orzo routinely to be certain that it doesn’t adhere to the bottom of the pan.
- Alter the cooking time if desired: Taste the orzo as it cooks and improves the cooking time if desired right up until it is al dente.
- White wine. If you’re feeling fancy, check out changing some of the rooster broth with white wine. Alcohol helps release taste molecules in other food items, that means the flavors of this dish will be improved.
- Dried herbs. If you cannot get your arms on any clean herbs, you can use dried basil rather. Just make confident to decrease the amount of money by 50 %.
- End with lemon: To insert some brightness to the remaining dish, complete with some refreshing lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add extra veggies: This dish is effective excellent with excess veggies. Think about incorporating some pink peppers, zucchini, crimson onion, contemporary cherry tomatoes, or summer squash.
- Add a garnish: Kick up the taste even much more by introducing some kalamata olives, pine nuts, capers, sliced lemons, contemporary parsley, pink pepper flakes, or extra parmesan cheese.
How to Serve Orzo Pasta
This A single Pot Hen and Orzo is the ideal wholesome weeknight meal. Simply because it has all the parts of a well balanced food — grains, veggies, and protein — this dish stands up brilliantly on its have.
If you are hunting for a little something much more, below are some of my preferred dishes to provide with this dish:
- Bread. Bread is the basic pasta accompaniment and this delicious orzo dish is no unique. I suggest serving this orzo dish with garlic bread, toasted sourdough, or basic breadsticks.
- Salad. If you are looking to incorporate some more greens into your meal, then serving this orzo together with a side salad is a excellent option. Some of my best possibilities include things like my Effortless Arugula Salad, Easy Spring Combine Salad, and Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.
Leftovers and Storage Suggestions
On the lookout to shop leftovers of this wholesome one-pot meal? No issue. The moment the dish has cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage container. Then, you can retailer it in a single of two ways:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 times.
- In the freezer for up to 2 months.
Routinely Questioned Thoughts
Beneath are the answers to some of the most commonly requested concerns about this dish:
This orzo recipe is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the addition of tons of veggies, beans, and rooster. Nevertheless, because orzo is quite high in carbs, it is nevertheless vital to take in this dish in moderation. As long as you do that, this food makes a beautifully wholesome addition to any diet.
Reheating leftovers of this nutritious dish is a breeze. All you have to do is position them in a microwave-safe container and reheat in 1 moment intervals until finally heat. Alternatively, you can reheat leftovers on medium heat about the stove till warmed by way of. If the dish appears to be dry, add a splash of hen broth.
Though sunlight-dried tomatoes add a ton of taste to this dish, you can surely use canned diced tomatoes in their area if which is what you have at residence. Hold in brain this will alter the taste and texture of the dish, but it will however be scrumptious.